Who were Cholas ? Chola dynasty ? Who was Vijayalaya ?

The Cholas-

Founder of Chola dynasty was Vijayalaya .

Capital of Chola dynasty was Tanjore.


Aditya I wiped out the Pallavas.
weakened Pandhyas.

Purantaka I captured Madurai, but was defeated by Rashtrakutas ruler
Krishna III in Battle of Takkolam.








Rajaraja I - ( AD 985-1014 )


Rajaraja I led a naval expedition against Shailendra empire.


He also conquered northern
 Sri Lanka.


He also constructed Rajarajeshwari - Shiva temple at Tanjore.






Nataraja -


Rajendra I came and conquered Sri lanka.


He took the title of Gangaikonda and founded Gangaikonda cholapuram.


Dancing figure of Shiva belongs to Chola peiod.

Nataraja - Dancing figure of Shiva.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who was Harshavardhana ? Pushyabhuti dynasty ?

Who were Rashtrakutas ? Who build kailasha temple ? Who was Krishna I ?